Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Remembering Tasha Tudor

Every year at Christmas I get out my "Christmas Books". One of my favorites is a book I acquired years ago (don't remember where) entitled TAKE JOY! by Tasha Tudor. I enjoyed reading about the Tudor Christmas traditions and loved the quaint, whimsical, illustrations by Tasha Tudor.

Most of all I enjoyed baking the Christmas Cookies, which she included in the recipe section of the book. (The recipe makes a gigantic number of cookies so you have to allow at least four or five hours if you are going to make them.) The dough is rolled very thin, dusted with sugar and nutmeg, and then cut into shapes. These cookies became a tradition for many years in the Bowen household.


I was sad to hear that Tasha Tudor passed away June 18th at age 92. She was a unique, amazing lady and you can read about her at hhtp://www.tashatudorfamily.com

dbk

No comments: