Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Blessing of Sisters


I'm the oldest; then Darlene. She is one special lady!!!
She's extremely talented in sewing, cooking, crafts, and writing.
She is very dear to all of us.
Here she is with her oldest son, Daniel.

This is Deborah; she's the third born.
She's always working to keep everything running smoothly.
She's also talented in cooking and is just the person to call on
if you need something done in a hurry!!
Deb is always there if you need her!

This is Donna, next in line! She is a very, very dear sister who is a great baker.
She is sweet, kind, and always cheerful. (Makes the best Cranberry Salad ever.)
We could not get along without our Donna!!

This is Diane, my youngest sister. She is a nurse and quite a good one!!!
She has worked in the E.R. for years and if I ever have to go I hope she's there!!!
She has a great sense of humor and is always helping people.
In this photo, she is giving my father-in-law, Kit, a hug.


This is Valerie who is married to my brother Dean. That makes her a sis, right? She is a terrific mom and has brought much joy to our family with the gift of five beautiful children. Here she is being hugged (tortured) by her oldest son and my nephew, Brent. (Look at his eyes....you can tell.)


Melissa, Mark's sister, is loads of fun. We always have a great time shopping together. She gives me "make-overs" and makes me laugh!!! Here she's getting ready to show off her biscuit making skills!!

Linda is married to Mark's brother, Matt. That's him in the picture with her. (By the way, Matt is the one who coined the phrase, "I love my neices to pieces." He's brilliant!!) Linda is fun to be with, a great walking partner, and a good friend!

I have quite a few "adopted" sisters, also.....too many to name! Do you have any sisters? (birth or otherwise) I'd like to hear about them!

1 comment:

eph2810 said...

I do have a sister - who is precious to me. But I am seperated by 6,000 miles from her, since I live in the US...
I miss her big-time - miss hanging out with her, go shopping or just have a cup of coffee with her...

I am glad that you have your sisters (blood and married-in ones) so close to you...

Thank you for sharing about your sisters...