Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Quiet Place

T

Lord, I have shut the door, speak now the word

Which in the din and throng could not be heard;

Hushed now my inner heart, whisper Thy will.

While I have come apart, while all is still.

In this blest quietness clamerings cease,

Here in Thy presence dwells infinite peace;

Yonder, the strife and cry, yonder, the sin:

Lord, I have shut the door, Thou art within!

Lord, I have shut the door, strengthen my heart;

Yonder awaits the task -- I share a part.

Only through grace bestowed may I be true

Here, while alone with Thee, my strength renew.

-Runyan

1 comment:

Plant Lady said...

Dorothy,
A Quiet Place is what we all need!

My post yesterday, "The View From My Kitchen Window" speaks to the fact that we have to "look" or "choose to look" for those quiet places.

The enemy will bombard us with other things that are clamoring for our attention. So it has to be our choice!

Blessings to You and Pastor Mark,
Plant Lady