Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Love My Nieces to Pieces!

Some cute stories about my nieces. (I definitely can't mention any names!)

I don't remember what she was crying about but I do remember trying to comfort her. "Honey, you know I love you and your Mommy and Daddy love you." I tried to sooth her sobs with a calm voice. "I know you love me and I know Mommy and Daddy love me," she wailed louder, "BUT I'M CRYIN'!"
=====

One niece spent the night with me. She was 5 or 6 years old. We were laying there trying to go to sleep when she asked quietly, "Aunt Dorothy will you hold my hand?" "Why sure honey." Thinking maybe she was afraid I asked, "Why do you want me to hold your hand, honey?" Her answer came through the darkness matter-of-factly. "Because it stinks!"

3 comments:

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

What cute stories! What sweet nieces.

I read your comment over at Iris'. Am praying for God's strength during this trial. Bless you.

I read that you walk in the morning for time with Him. That is what I do, too! I so love the quiet stillness in the morning as I am praying and walking...birds singing....the air so crisp and clean.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Hey, there! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. It's so nice to reconnect after too many years. :)

Just a quick question. My dad is wondering if there is any way he can locate some of your recordings. He has heard them on holinessmusic.com and has really enjoyed them. You can contact him at gvernon772@bellsouth.net.

Thanks so much!

Plant Lady said...

Dorothy,

Hope you have a safe and Happy 4th!


Love,
Plant Lady