Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Today's Thoughts



If all that I've been given fades away -
The gifts and graces, some unrecognized,
The friends of yesteryear, now cherished memories
Places I have known and loved, forever gone from view.....

If all that I've been given fades away -
Familiar beauty of the rendezvous we kept
Fragrances adored as seasons came and went
The quiet moments when Our spirits met....

If all that I've been given fades away -
Then what should I do today?
The mundane calls - but help me see beyond
To the eternal fields where I will reap the harvest I have sown.
dbk
(Yes, I'm feeling melancholy today!)

6 comments:

Mar said...

Dear Mel,*

I am always cheered and encouraged and humored after visiting in your home. You are so kind to allow drop-ins at the drop of a hat. It is good to share a laugh or two when we are down, isn't it? Of course it would have been funnier if you had come to MY HOUSE and I would have let you write "DUST ME!" on my coffee table and you could have felt quite superior at seeing how messy things are today. But, it was fun to see you, as always. And getting those CD's made me feel like a wrecked lightning bug - de-lighted.

Your chum,
Mar
* could stand for Melancholy or could stand for Melodius

Maxine said...

Dorothy, it is so nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words.

These words posted here are so beautiful. It seems that you wrote them and if so, you have a wonderful gift. The Lord bless you and your husband in your ministry. I see that you apparently love the hymns, as I do. I have every intention of coming back to visit you!

Cathy said...

I see my sweet friend, Maxine, has been here. And I am happy to find another writer. What you wrote is very pretty.

The joy of the Lord is our strength, thank the Lord. And He is the lifter of our heads.

Denise said...

Very beautiful.

Nancie said...

Lovely poem. Thank God we can look beyond to the eternal fields where we will reap the harvest we have sown even if we lost all things in this world. I am praying for you, sweet friend. May God help and cheer you up with His love and care. Take care and God bless!

Mimi said...

Beautiful poem Dorothy,
thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words...
I hope you pay a return visit soon..
I will be back to visit with you again...