Monday, August 25, 2008
Once again I prayed the prayer that has become my "focus" prayer.
I need YOU more than anything in the world.
I need YOU more than family.
I need YOU more than friends.
I need YOU more than finances.
I need YOU more than my health.
I NEED YOU!!!!!
I feel desperate about this.
I have to have YOU in order to function today.
I have to have YOU in order to love people.
I have to have YOU to accept the things I cannot change.
I just have to have YOU.
I crave Your presence. I desire Your nearness.
Thank You for Your promise that You will never leave me or forsake me.
Thank You that I am loved with an everlasting love.
Thank You that You are already inhabiting all my tomorrows.
Thank You that Your promises are mine.....and You long to fulfill them in my life.
You are HERE and I AM YOURS!!!!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
The Lord has opened up a place for Darlene and some of the children to stay for a short time, while Charley is ministering at a Campmeeting up north. She wrote me about it in an email this morning and it was so encouraging I thought I would share......
So, from the pen of Darlene.....
Good morning............I've been thinking this morning and wanted to share what I am learning!
"Putting it in God's hands" has always been something I did/said at the end of my struggles. I had prayed as hard and long as I could, I had searched everywhere for answers; and at the end of it all I would say with tears and a feeling of defeat, "Well, I have put it in God's hands."
Well, God is showing me WHOSE hands we are placing our burdens in.
His are the hands of THE VICTOR over sin, hell, and the grave. (THAT is NO SMALL VICTORY!!!)
His are the hands of the One who fed 5,000 with one little boy's lunch.
His are the hands of the One who spoke worlds into existence......WHO spoke something out of nothing! He is Creator God.
So, I am learning to place things in His hands FIRST !!! After they are in His hands, I can listen for His instructions.
Totally new concept for me. I love it!
ALSO this morning He is teaching me about "entering into His rest." We are complete in HIM. (Colossians) We have died, been buried, and resurrected with Him when we enter into His rest in FAITH! Anyway, I have been asking God to show me what that meant.
A month ago we didn't know where we were going to live................ nothing was working out! So, in despair and with lots of tears I put it "in God's hands"! (Aren't you glad He loves us and answers even when we don't understand what we are doing?)
We are now living in a place that a month ago we didn't know existed. When we moved in, the lady over the house said..............use my furniture, my towels, my table ware. Don't worry about bringing your things; use mine. Oh, any food in the house.........just eat it. AND, my office..............you can use the computer and, yes, if you need to print something.......the printer is there.
Oh, yes, there is a big porch. Feel free to enjoy it! AND the utilities are always kept on........so don't worry about anything like that!..........ALL THINGS TO ENJOY !
So, now I know and understand that HE conquered sin and when I enter into HIS victory He gives me ALL THINGS in Christ. I can LIVE in HIS victory! I am learning and I love what He is teaching me!
I love to learn, so share what you are learning!
I love you all..........
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six Random Things About Myself
1. My very favorite thing to do in all the world is to praise God with a huge crowd of Christians who are singing praise songs and worshipping. There is NOTHING like it!!!! HE IS SOOOO WORTHY!!! (When we sang, "In Christ Alone" at a Beth Moore gathering I expected to go through the ceiling any minute!!!!! It was an awesome experience!!!)
2. I enjoy my husband's sense of humor. We have so much fun laughing together.
3. I could happily eat chocolate (Hershey's with almonds candy bars are my fave) for breakfast, dinner, and supper.
4. Nothing is more relaxing than a purring cat on my lap!!!
5. I love ALL flowers, most especially, tho, if they are fragrant. (like lily of the valley, lilacs, plumeria, and gardenia)
6. I DESPISE stinginess and gossipiness (is that a word?) in people.
The six people I am tagging are:
Mark - http://meetmeattheaperture.blogspot.com/
Marlene - http://mar-mars.blogspot.com/
Amy - http://amysgobbledygook.blogspot.com/
Katie - http://kmm93.blogspot.com/
Laurie - http://laurieskitchendelights.blogspot.com/
Jan - http://jan-jansjam.blogspot.com/