Thursday, August 14, 2008

Guest Post

My sister, Darlene, and I are both going through similar circumstances. Charlie and Mark (our husbands) are ministers going into other careers (perhaps temporarily) and both of us were homeless and jobless a month ago. (Since that time Mark and I have found housing but are still looking for work. They are still looking for both.)

The Lord has opened up a place for Darlene and some of the children to stay for a short time, while Charley is ministering at a Campmeeting up north. She wrote me about it in an email this morning and it was so encouraging I thought I would share......

So, from the pen of Darlene.....

Good morning............I've been thinking this morning and wanted to share what I am learning!

"Putting it in God's hands" has always been something I did/said at the end of my struggles. I had prayed as hard and long as I could, I had searched everywhere for answers; and at the end of it all I would say with tears and a feeling of defeat, "Well, I have put it in God's hands."
Well, God is showing me WHOSE hands we are placing our burdens in.


His are the hands of THE VICTOR over sin, hell, and the grave.
(THAT is NO SMALL VICTORY!!!)
His are the hands of the One who fed 5,000 with one little boy's lunch.
His are the hands of the One who spoke worlds into existence......WHO spoke something out of nothing! He is Creator God.


So, I am learning to place things in His hands FIRST !!! After they are in His hands, I can listen for His instructions.

Totally new concept for me. I love it!

ALSO this morning He is teaching me about "entering into His rest." We are complete in HIM. (Colossians) We have died, been buried, and resurrected with Him when we enter into His rest in FAITH! Anyway, I have been asking God to show me what that meant.

A month ago we didn't know where we were going to live................ nothing was working out! So, in despair and with lots of tears I put it "in God's hands"! (Aren't you glad He loves us and answers even when we don't understand what we are doing?)

We are now living in a place that a month ago we didn't know existed. When we moved in, the lady over the house said..............use my furniture, my towels, my table ware. Don't worry about bringing your things; use mine. Oh, any food in the house.........just eat it. AND, my office..............you can use the computer and, yes, if you need to print something.......the printer is there.

Oh, yes, there is a big porch. Feel free to enjoy it! AND the utilities are always kept on........so don't worry about anything like that!..........ALL THINGS TO ENJOY !

So, now I know and understand that HE conquered sin and when I enter into HIS victory He gives me ALL THINGS in Christ. I can LIVE in HIS victory! I am learning and I love what He is teaching me!


I love to learn, so share what you are learning!
I love you all..........
Dar

6 comments:

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

Dar, You definitely need your own blog!!!!!! You have such wonderful insights and words of wisdom from the lessons you have learned. Amazing, how GOD is taking care of us and patiently teaching us at the same time!! It truly defies reason, but I sure am grateful for His love. Thanks for having a teachable spirit and sharing. You are a GREAT sister!!!!
Love,
Dot

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words, Dot! You are a super sister and I love you so much!

This morning as I wait to hear that Charley is employed in a ministry opportunity that he feels God is calling him to- I am amazed at how numb I feel! God has been and is so close that I feel like I could reach out and literally touch Him! I know He is here and He is true. We have had 2 confirmations in the last 2 days - positive phone calls, but we still haven't had THE phone call to confirm that he is hired. It reminds me that God wants us to have total confirmation that we are in HIM. That our salvation is confirmed through faith in His death, burial, and resurrection. Little bits of hope help, but that complete REST in HIS finished work is something HE wants us all to have. Well, today we should have the word of confirmation. I will let you know!
I love you,
Dar

Mar said...

Good afternoon Dot and Dar,

When we experience God closing a door, it is not an easy thing. Whether He used others to close the door or led us to close a door, still He is in charge of our lives and the openings and closings when we are yielded to Him and His Lordship of our lives. That helps to face the changes, doesn't it? Isn't it wonderful to KNOW He is in control?

It is also helpful to know we are not the only ones! My early morning prayer time lately has been a time of intercession for those of us going through similar situations, so Dar and Dot - you seem very close these days. Dar, I still recall my visit in your home when your children were young and Teresa offered your services to fix my hair! What a dear girl! And what a lovely family you all are. I thank God for how He has touched my life through the Bowen clan.

Love and prayers,
Mar from afar

Cathy said...

Isn't that wonderful how God provided for Dar and her children. Sometimes, God takes His time and shows up at the last minute. Praying for you all.

Oh, Dot, I put finally put three songs that I wrote on my blog. As I was trying to play some of my songs lately, I thought how beautiful they might be if you could play them. It is so hard for me to record them perfectly.

Beth Stetler said...

Wonderful post. Beautiful words and thoughts from Darlene (yes, she does need her own blog). God is good - all the time.

Pastorwes said...

Dorothy,

Lenore and I enjoy reading your blog. Thougth you might like to know who keeps checking your blog from Newark Ohio.

Wes Humble
www.newarknaz.org