Monday, August 25, 2008

Feeling Needy

The last couple weeks have had many interesting and unusual experiences. I'm still reeling from all the changes.....and trying to keep up!!!! God has a way of deepening our faith that is not easy albeit necessary as our faith is undoubtedly the most precious thing we have.
Once again I prayed the prayer that has become my "focus" prayer.

GOD,
I need YOU more than anything in the world.
I need YOU more than family.
I need YOU more than friends.
I need YOU more than finances.
I need YOU more than my health.
I NEED YOU!!!!!

I feel desperate about this.
I have to have YOU in order to function today.
I have to have YOU in order to love people.
I have to have YOU to accept the things I cannot change.
I just have to have YOU.

I crave Your presence. I desire Your nearness.
Thank You for Your promise that You will never leave me or forsake me.
Thank You that I am loved with an everlasting love.
Thank You that You are already inhabiting all my tomorrows.
Thank You that Your promises are mine.....and You long to fulfill them in my life.
You are HERE and I AM YOURS!!!!
(dbk)

6 comments:

Mar said...

No matter what we face in this life, we have an Advocate in Christ Jesus. Our turning to Him and focusing on Him is the best, the very best that we can do. It is our privilege to do that. Your poem reminds me of that hymn "I Am His and He Is Mine." It isn't always easy to stay focused. Your determination to do so inspires the rest of us. Thanks, friend.

lauralavon said...

So true! The longer I live, the more I realize it! Thanks for sharing.

Plant Lady said...

Dorothy,

Like the song goes, "I need Thee ev'ry hour." So true!

Blessings,
Plant Lady

Anonymous said...

I can really identify with your "Feeling Needy" prayer. I need HIM more than anything or anyone. The rough places of the last few months have made me realize how precious He really really is!

I am excited about getting moved into a house and getting organized........but part of me will miss the closeness I have felt to Him and the feeling of expectancy that I have had as I have waited on Him to work everything out. It is so hard to put on paper. But, I have grown so much.......and relearned that HE is never ever late......... and that HE meets every need at the right moment. Charley couldn't work until the week of August 25th, but we kept wanting to know what ministry job he would have ......even in June!! Well, God let him have a job WHEN he could work. His first day was the 26st!! It reminds me of Dad's prayer for fuel one winter. Remember that? He said he prayed and prayed for the fuel tank to be filled or money to fill it. God said, "Well, George, is the tank empty?" Dad said, "No, Lord, it isn't." So God said, "Well, WHEN you need it filled, I will fill it!!" I think the weather warmed up and Dad didn't need fuel for several weeks. When he needed it, God filled the tank!
We don't have a house yet, so that is the next thing God is doing in our lives! I know He has one picked out and it will be ready WHEN we need it!
I love you, Dot!
Thank you for the beautiful heart-felt prayer! I will reread it often!
Love,
dar

Maxine said...

How lovely. And oh my, do we ever need Him. In every way and everything that life brings.

crazychristina08 said...

Hey Aunt Dot- I have had a blog but have not kept it updated very well...I am going to make one last attempt!! we will see if it happens or not :)
I love ya and hope you are doing good....
Check out my blogspot sometime ok?!? It is:
just-skunky.blogspot.com