Thursday, August 7, 2008

Today's Word

I have struggled a great deal with all the changes that have come into my life in the past few months. The Lord spoke to me yesterday as Mark and I read the Word together: (This is how it sounded to me.)

This is what the LORD says--
He who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,
who drew out the chariots and horses;
the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:

FORGET THE FORMER THINGS;
DO NOT DWELL ON THE PAST.

SEE, I AM DOING A NEW THING!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 43:16-19
(NIV)

3 comments:

Mar said...

It is wonderful, really wonderful when we feel that the Lord is speaking to us - no matter what it is He is saying. To think that He is speaking to us is truly amazing and a great treasure, isn't it? When I think of the word "streams" I picture the streams in the mountains. You know those winding streams that go on and on and have a music all their own: babbling, gurgling, rushing across the rocks and around the bends. I relate those streams to the Living Water that Jesus promises. The refreshing that He brings takes us through our bends and turns and rushing over and through rough and
rocky places. And it restores our souls. I'm excited to see what is just around the bend and how God will be faithful in your lives as well as in our own.

May our Father bring you an extra portion of His love today.

Mar

Plant Lady said...

Hello Dorothy,

Just popping by to say Hi!

Plant Lady

AlbertPujolsfan said...

Hey Aunt Dot,
Cool blog