Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Why Don't I Listen to My Husband?


Why am I such a slow learner?


I was supposed to take a finger food to church for a birthday celebration at 6 p.m. Sunday night. I was tired -- it was about 4 p.m. and I still didn't have anything ready. Mark said, "Just get some chips and dip and be done with it."

Instead of saying, "Honey, what a great idea!" I obstinately responded with, "No, I'll make that Salmon Dip we like. It's so good and I have all the stuff to make it so I won't have to go to the store." I made it pretty quickly but realized I didn't have any crackers so Mark had to go to the store anyway to get crackers. He wasn't real happy about that.

I took the Salmon Dip to the birthday/fellowship and NOT ONE BITE GOT EATEN!!! There was so much food........I brought it home feeling sorry that I would have to throw it away. I stuck it in the frig and forgot about it.

Mark and I left the next morning and were gone for several days. We returned home Thursday afternoon. We were tired and I don't remember what Mark ate for supper but I got out the Salmon Dip. Mark cautioned me not to eat it. "That's probably bad. You made it Sunday - this is Thursday and Salmon doesn't keep long." Again, instead of saying, "You are so right, dear" I argued, "No, it looks good and smells good so I think it's OK." I hated to throw it away and I didn't want to listen to Mark.

So I ate about half of it on crackers and that was my supper. I felt fine when I went to bed but about midnight I woke up sick as a dog. The nausea, intense stomach pain, and vomiting were horrible. I was sick all night long, throwing up every couple of hours. Mark was nice enough to get up and help me without saying, "I told you so."

What a miserable night! I hope I've learned my lesson! I had two opportunities to avoid suffering but totally did what I wanted instead of listening to my husband!

Lord, how patient You are to teach me......over and over again. Help me to remember this lesson and next time to LISTEN TO MY HUBBY!!! -dbk

1 comment:

Liz said...

It's very nice to meet you! I believe I've heard your name . . .

Hope you have a great day!