Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cheerful Insecurity



"I have been feeling very much lately that cheerful insecurity is what our Lord asks of us."
-C. S. Lewis


God, You are so incredible! You are so amazing! Why do I ever doubt Your awesome power, Your infinite wisdom and your amazing knowledge of every detail in the entire universe and so, of course, every detail of my life.

To think that I am Your dearly loved child staggers me, gives me the sense of a long ago fairy-tale story-book fantasy come true. The childhood dreams of perfect beauty, gracefulness, the handsome prince, and the "happy ever after" have all come true for me.

Father, help me never to doubt You again. Help me never to underestimate Your ability to care for me. Help me never to allow myself the misguided notion that it's all up to me. What a foolish, small faithed, devil inspired, nonsensical perception! You HAVE helped us, You ARE helping us, and You WILL help us.

The far reaches of space with stars, planets, and galaxies are known to You. Each of the six billion people in the world are known to You. Every jungle, desert, tribe, nation, and dynasty is known to You. Every mystery unsolved by man, every secret well hidden, every silent thought in every mind is known to You. And I am known to You. You are My Father! You love me dearly! You have supplied my every need my entire life!!!

You have answered countless prayers for healing, money, a husband, a house, guidance, grace in trials, hope in adversity --- God, my heart, my mind and my soul lift in praise!

One day I will give ceaseless praise to the Lamb Who sits on the throne forever and ever, through the eternity of eternities, in endless adoration and delight. Let all that is within me BLESS HIS HOLY NAME!!

I thank You for lifting my burden. I thank You for lifting my cares. I thank You for strengthening my faith. GOD YOU ARE HERE!


Of course You're going to help us through our present difficulties. Of course You're going to meet our needs. Of course You're going to open the eyes of those walking in darkness. Of course You're going to going to work all things together for our good! You aren't dead, You aren't silent, You aren't paralyzed, You aren't hard of hearing, blind or infirm.


Than why have I been acting like You are? Why have I been allowing myself to listen to and believe a lie?


I thank You for this overwhelming fresh revelation of Who You are.


If a man called Abraham could believe You, if a child named David could take on a giant in Your name, if poor uneducated fishermen could follow You believing Your words, then I too can join the procession!! I, too, can exchange my cringing, faltering, wobbly faith for a slab of granite! Here I come, Lord, a little behind the rest, but I'm running! Count me in!! I believe You. -dbk

3 comments:

lauralavon said...

So nice to get to read your thoughts, to see where you are in life, etc. We believers need each other, need to encourage and inspire one another. I'm really thankful for the blog world's potential for good.
Blessings to you and yours!

a wetgarden said...

I bless His holy name with you!

I, too, desire that my "default" in times of struggle, questions and/or testing would be the same as the Beloved Son Who said, "I have come TO BEAR WITNESS TO THE TRUTH." To stand in loyalty with Him to our Father Who does all things well.

Places I am currently walking in my relationship with Him are granting increased opportunity to trust Him as I never have before. I bless His name!

Thanks for the invitation to your blogspot. Have you found Daniel and Carol's? they are thehobbits@blogspot.


So glad to have been "found" by you in the bloggers' world. :)


Much Love Because of Jesus,
Esther

AlbertPujolsfan said...

Hey Aunt dorthy,
Cool blog.