Friday, June 27, 2008

Who Listens?

For who listens to us in all the world
Whether he be friend or teacher, brother or father or
Mother, sister or neighbor, son or ruler, or
Servant? Does he listen, our advocate, or our
Husbands or wives, those who are dearest to us?
Do the stars listen, when we turn despairingly
Away from man, or the great winds, or the seas or
The mountains? To whom can any man say - Here I
Am! Behold me in my nakedness, my wounds, my
Secret grief, my despair, my betrayal, my pain,
My tongue which cannot express my sorrow, my
Terror, my abandonment.
Listen to me for a day, - an hour! A moment!
Lonely silence! O God, is there no one to listen?

Is there no one to listen? you ask. Ah, yes,
There is One who listens, Who will always listen.
Hasten to Him, my friend! He waits on the hill
For you. -unknown author

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

i stumbled onto your spot tonight in "blogworld". Enjoyed meeting you and your husband several yrs. ago when helping with the music at your camp. Blessings!

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

What camp was that, Kim? I'm trying to remember.