Monday, November 24, 2008

From Panic to Praise

C. S. Lewis once said, "I'm a panic-y person about money myself (which is a most shameful confession and a thing dead against Our Lord's words) and poverty frightens me more than anything else except large spiders and the tops of cliffs..." It seems a bit odd that we are so prone to discuss many personal problems such as illness, relationships, etc. but seldom, if ever, bring up the subject of finances but I must admit I have been extremely "panic-y" lately and especially TODAY.

This morning I knew we did not have enough money to pay the bills that needed sent out. I was sitting at the computer pondering the situation when I noticed the room getting brighter and brighter. The sun was coming out from behind a cloud. It seemed God spoke to me in my spirit and said loudly, "I'M HERE". I knew He wanted me to TRUST Him and NOT worry.

Mark and I had our devotional time together asking God to supply our needs. We were about $180.00 short. Around 4 p.m. the mail lady came AND YES there was a check in the mail which was about twice the amount we needed!!!!

I was reminded of the disciples when they were in the storm......afraid even though Jesus was WITH THEM. I had been afraid even though I knew God was with me.

This poem came to mind that sums up my point: DON'T PANIC.....GOD IS IN THE BOAT.

The Age-Long Minute
Thou art the Lord who slept upon the pillow,
Thou art the Lord who soothed the furious sea,
What matter beating wind and tossing billow
If only we are in the boat with Thee?

Hold us in quiet through the age-long minute
While Thou art silent, and the wind is shrill:
Can the boat sink while Thou, dear Lord, art in it?
Can the heart faint that waiteth on Thy will?
-Amy Carmichael

2 comments:

Mar said...

Good morning Friend,
Praise the Lord for His provisions and for His being close and clear! Isn't it just like the Son to come out from behind the clouds at just the right moment? Wonderful!

Mrs. Deb. Blowers said...

Thanks for sharing as I too have trouble at times just to "trust' and see what God will do. And He is ALWAYS on time. Great to be in contact and see what is happening with your life. I don't have a 'blog' but a church website mwmchuch.com with pics of our family.
Debbie Corban Blowers