Thursday, September 10, 2009

Where's the GROOM?

The past summer months I have seen many wedding albums posted on face book as friends and children of friends "tie the knot". It is always fun to see friends and acquaintances getting married and I LOVE looking at the pictures to see who I know and observe the beauty of the bride!!

One observation I have made is the fact that there are MANY more photos taken of the bride than there are of the groom!

Every aspect of the day from preparation through the ceremony and on to the reception there is usually photo after photo of the bride. There MIGHT be a shot or two of the groom, although there was, in fact, one set of photos posted which I perused several times and NEVER DID see a photo of the GROOM!!!!

No, the wedding day seems to be made especially for the bride and SHE is in the spotlight!!!!

Thinking along this line brought me to consider another wedding where I am quite sure the GROOM will be the One in the spotlight and that is the marriage of Christ and The Church. To look into the eyes of the One Who has loved us all along, through our bumbling and mistakes, and has seen in us something He desired so much that He suffered terribly and died. To imagine gazing on the face of such a beloved friend and Redeemer, especially in the context of a marriage......I cannot even REMOTELY comprehend such a moment!!

I know the bride will be pure, spotless and without a blemish, but I believe all focus and attention will be on the GROOM!

What a day that will be!!! It will be worth any perceived hardship, battle, or struggle HERE to experience His nearness and loving presence THERE.

Truly Jesus will be what makes it HEAVEN for me.

3 comments:

dar said...

I can't begin to imagine the love Jesus has for us.......... You wrote it so beautifully when you said "and has seen in us something He desired so much that He suffered terribly and died." He gave His life for us.......surely we should be conpletely reassured that He will companion and lead us safely HOME !

Your writing communicates so articulately what is true.......... always speaks right to my heart!

I love you,

Mar said...

I love this post. It is sad that probably a great deal of people, maybe even most who call themselves Christian, really have this picture of Heaven being a place where we get to see our loved ones. They lose track of the glory of seeing Jesus first and foremost. Just to think of being in His awesome presence and to be able to look fully into His face and worship as we have never been able to before - I can only imagine.....

Grace said...

This is such a very wonderful post, Dorothy. I am so happy to be here in a blog that glorifies God's name. :)