Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An Evening in Spring

The beauty of Your world cries out to me....
the soft, bare, lacy branches of a tree against a great, white moon,
fragrant crab apple blossoms, lilacs, blooming into the night,
tiny lavender and cream violets almost crushed into the grass,
narcissus' standing tall in their delicately fringed Spring gowns,
newly planted marigolds, staunchly braving the chill evening air,
rows and rows of tulips, spilling color everywhere.

My heart cannot hold it---the beauty of Your world.
Your creativity which brings it into being
Causes praise to rise in me.
Praise that comes from knowing
If You clothe Your world with such amazing care
Your watchful eye, Your constant love, are with me always, everywhere!!
-DBK

4 comments:

Mar said...

Oh Dorothy, that was lovely. And it expresses so well the surrendered life that recognizes God as the Creator and Sustainer.

I'm no longer using facebook, so it will be here that I post. So glad to see you back on your blog. And YES, tea. Tomorrow?

Plant Lady said...

Dorothy,
Great poem! I have a prayer request for you and Pastor Mark to pray about. Daddy's dog went missing Thursday evening. The last time she was seen was Thursday evening around 3:00pm by Pastor Billy at the church. She was playing with his dog, Sassy. She did not return home that night or yesterday. We have searched the neighborhood without finding any evidence of her. Please pray for her dafe return, or at least that we find out what happened. Daddy is heartbroken, as are we. You know how we feel about our "loved ones".

Thanks,
Plant Lady

Mar said...

Hey Dorothy,

The cantata was absolutely beautiful today. You are doing such a fine job with the choir! And what a bonus to have someone tap on my shoulder and it was DEBBY!

It was nice to be in worship today and celebrate 51 years ago today that I was baptized. It's been a long journey and a really blessed and amazing walk with the Lord. He has been with me every step of the way.

lauralavon said...

I enjoyed that, Dorothy.