Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Traveller

I just rediscovered this poem by Amy Carmichael. Years ago, while going through a terribly difficult time, I came across it. As I read the words for the first time, tears came to my eyes and I felt that Jesus had entered the room. His comforting presence brought healing to my spirit.

The Traveller
Love, travelling in the greatness of His strength,
Found me alone,
Footsore and tired by the journey's length,
Though I had known,
All the long way, many a kindly air,
And flowers had blossomed for me everywhere.

And yet Love found me needing Him. He stayed;
Love stayed by me.
"Let not thy heart be troubled or dismayed,
My child," said He.
Slipped from me then all troubles, all alarms;
For Love had gathered me into His arms.

3 comments:

Mar said...

I dont think many people pause in the midst of their most difficult times. That is pause long enough to receive what the One who loves us most is willing to offer. I love the part in that poem:
"He stayed; Love stayed by me."

Is it not the most wonderful thing when we do pause long enough to feel and know that Jesus comes close and stays just when we need Him most.....Oh yeah.

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Great job!! You ALLWAYS do!! Thanks Aunt Dorothy!!!



Meghan

Anonymous said...

Sorry it was "You ALLWAYS do a great job"




Meghan.