Thursday, October 9, 2008

Roosters, Cats, God Uses Everything

I think of how God used a rooster to get Peter's attention and bring him to repentance; it was a lesson only a rooster could teach. Well, recently God used a cat to teach me a lesson.

Squeeky, (my highly esteemed feline), has NEVER been a lap cat. If I tried to hold him on my lap he would jump down in three seconds. UNTIL..........

He got in his first CAT FIGHT. He came in, left eye half shut, bleeding from his nose and mouth....a very unhappy animal. Squeeky has never had a high tolerance for pain and he seemed devastated by the fight.

He stayed in the garage for two days and wouldn't eat or drink.....just seemed dazed by his injuries, and the recent discovery that he was not the boss of the block.

Well....to make a long story short.....

He has now turned into a LAP cat. He follows me everywhere. Even when I'm going in circles -- he goes in circles too!! As soon as I sit down he is in my lap purring. He curls up and goes to sleep if I sit there long enough.

The lesson God taught me from this is that when I am hurt by life, when I'm bruised and bleeding emotionally, when my enemy has given me a fight and I feel beat up.....

I need to gaze on Him, follow Him more closely, get up in His lap, find my contentment and peace in Him. May every hurt in life draw me to HIM.

2 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Wonderful post!

Squeaky sounds like a great cat.
Is he anything like Spicy cat?

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Plant Lady

Mar said...

Amen, Dorothy, Amen! Drawing close, inhaling deeply, and accepting that secure place of rest in the Father is the best. And just think how it must please the Him. I like to picture the Lord smiling.

You know I can't relate too much to the cat thing (heartless cat avoider that I am) but I can sure appreciate how God uses the critters He created to teach us other creatures lots of important things.

And thanks so very much for the lovely sunshine basket (You are so much like your mom!) that had just the perfect things to help in my healing humiliation. And thanks most of all for not saying: "You will just have to grin and bear it..."