Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunrise at Table Rock

I heard You speak to me
in the golden moments
When You painted with a broad brush
the pink and blue shades of a new day.

I heard You speak to me
through the quiet majesty
Of the mountains rising in the distance
catching the first delightful kiss of the sun.

Your care, Your love, Your strength,
have been my constant source
Even though the scenes of life
have changed for me since I last met You here.

You've brought me through some bitter miles
when all seemed lost and hope was dim.
At times You felt so far away
but now my faith is bright again.

I was certain I'd find You here--
and when I heard You tapping on the glass
I knew You wanted me to come and see
the sunrise--painted just for me.

by Dorothy Klass

3 comments:

Mar said...

Good morning, Neighbor

Im at Hollie's and just happen to see your post. The poem is so tender and speaks well to the yearning we have for God's Word for us, His time for us. There is no place like the mountains for such meetings. It is wonderful to look back and see how He has "brought us through." Hope to see you soon. Hope you found the envelope......

Aperture said...

Yes, I did. Thank you Marlene.......I don't know how you got it under the door!!!

Mar said...

Well you see - I had this really steaming pot of tea and placed it at the bottom of the door. As the steam was whistling out of the teapot, it seemed to just cause the door to shrink......and then I just pushed the envelope through. So there ya have it. Well, at least it kind of sounded possible. Just had to tease a bit.